Saturday 15 September 2012

ES2007S Blog post #3: Application letter


Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Jung Nguyen, a second-year undergraduate student from the National University of Singapore (NUS), majoring in Communication and New Media.

I am interested in applying for the intern position at Pepperconn. Based on my educational and co-curriculum activity experience, and perhaps more importantly because of my interest and enthusiasm, I believe I am well suited to the position offered by your company.

I have a keen interest in the field of marketing communication and particularly social media. I am currently pursuing this interest through my study and participation in enrichment activities.

I actively participated in organizing “Dance Fest 2011” – an annual dance bash of Vietnamese Community in NUS. The event was held in Zirca Mega Club with the participation of a famous singer from Vietnam and over 200 visitors. As a publicity executive, I worked with my team to conceptualize and develop both printed and electronic publicity materials such as newsletters. I also did the maintenance of the event’s official website and Facebook page. Our event ended successfully and was covered by online newspapers. This activity helped me apply what I had learned during my course of study and also gain practical knowledge of media writing skills as well as social media marketing.

In addition, I worked as student assistant at Recruitment and Career Talks organized by NUS Career Center for ten months.  My role involves communicating directly with senior managers from companies as well as students to obtain their feedback and provide assistance promptly and efficiently. As a result, I developed good communication and interpersonal skills.

I believe with my skills that I have acquired, I am able to contribute as a part of Pepperconn’s team.

I welcome the opportunity to discuss with you further about the internship. I can be reached at +65 8108 5346 or dung.nguyen@nus.edu.sg

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Jung Nguyen Phuong Dung (Ms.)
National University of Singapore - Faculty of Arts and Social Science
Communication and New Media
HP: (+65) 8108 5346

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jung,

    Thank you for an interesting response. I think you have covered lots of ground and highlighted how your abilities can prove to be an asset to the company. You can consider including a few more details about projects you have been involved in or simply why this field interests you in the first place.

    Good job :)
    Aditi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jung!

    good job on your cover letter!it is apparent that your interests an experiences align with the job requirements!

    However, here are some pointers that might improve the letter

    1)I am interested in applying for the intern position at Pepperconn. Based on my educational and co-curriculum activity experience, and perhaps more importantly because of my interest and enthusiasm, I believe I am well suited to the position offered by your company.>>I am interested in applying for the intern position at Pepperconn as my educational and CCA experience are well suited to the job. Moreover, my past CCA activities have highlighted that I have the enthusiasm and interest in working at a social media company. (I'm not sure about this, but this sounds smoother, please check with others!)

    2)I believe with my skills that I have acquired, I am able to contribute as a part of Pepperconn’s team >> I am convinced that with all the skills I have acquired, I will be a valuable addition to Peppercon's team.

    gwen =]

    ReplyDelete