Monday 26 November 2012

ES2007 Blog post #6: Reflection

I have learned many things about effective and professional communication after this course. What I love most in this module is that I learned everything in an interactive manner. We participated in many different activities, but not only one lecturing style like many other modules in NUS. From these activities and the debrief sessions, we gained lessons for ourselves. I believe the teaching style made the learning process very effective and interesting.
An example of this is the mock interview sessions. In the activity, we had chance to play the roles of both interviewees and interviewers. By standing from the position of an interviewer, we could think like interviewers and see what they may expect from interviewees. And also, we could learn from others on how they did in the interview. Each person has a very unique style and by sitting in many different mock interviews I could picked up some effective interview tips from my fellows for myself. If the class was conducted in lecturing style, we could learn from what teachers tell us only. Moreover, since I participated in the activity, what I actively picked up for myself will be much more enduring.
Another thing I love in this module is the way Brad made us work with different classmates in different activities. This helped me to have chance to interact with everyone in the class, which I could not have in other modules. There are more than just things I could learn from them. We have become really good friends. This class has always made me feel happy to come. I always came to class with an expectation of new experience. Also, I felt I was much more confident in this class thank to the support and encouragement from all of you. For example, during presentation, sometimes I feel nervous and start thinking to myself whether I’m saying anything stupid. However, in this class, I have never felt that way. I saw you all still listening to me and I was encouraged to continue the presentation. And in the final oral presentation, I have one of the best moments in my university life when for the first time I put myself in the presentation. I presented with my emotion and belief in it.
Although after taking this module, I could not become an effective communicator right away, it gave me a lot of useful lessons which will help me to continue learning to how to communicate effectively.
Thank you and all the best for your final exams J Hope to see you around J

No comments:

Post a Comment